Employment Law Mediator
Perspective Drives Resolution
Please submit scheduling inquiries to:
In any mediation, each participant brings their own perspective to the process. Having personally participated in the mediation process from several different viewpoints, Cynthia Sandoval is a truly unique mediator. Prior to launching her mediation practice, during her 25+ year career as an employment litigator, Ms. Sandoval participated in mediations as plaintiff’s counsel, defense counsel and in-house counsel. The combination of these experiences and perspectives, distinguishes Ms. Sandoval as a mediator, allowing her to better appreciate and relate to each participant to help drive productive resolution.
Ms. Sandoval mediation style utilizes both facilitative and evaluative principles. Ms. Sandoval brings her ability to empathize along with her ability to appreciate the business implications of each dispute. Her strong communication skills and relatability make her a rising star in her field.
Ms. Sandoval has successfully mediated a wide variety of disputes ranging from single plaintiff matters to large, complex, class and PAGA actions.
Areas of Expertise
- Employment Law
- Wage and Hour
- PAGA & Class Actions
- Wrongful Termination
- Retaliation & Whistleblower
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Leaves of Absence
- Disability Access
- Contract Disputes
- ADA Access Litigation
“It was a pleasure working with a knowledgeable mediator who knew where to focus her efforts to achieve a resolution. I would gladly work with her again and would recommend her highly in any employment matter.”
“Our office represents employees in wage and hour class and representative actions and mediate hundreds of cases per year. This past week, we utilized the mediation services of Cynthia Sandoval for the first time. Ms. Sandoval was pleasure work with and is extremely knowledgeable about employment law. We will are happy to add her to our list of mediators going forward.”
- Private Mediation (2019 to Present)
- United States District Court, Central District of California, Mediation Panel (2021 to Present)
- California Civil Rights Department Mediation Panel (formerly DFEH) (2022 to Present)
- Waymakers – Dispute Resolution Services, Orange County Superior Court (2022 to Present)
- Ares Law Group, P.C. – Partner: 2017 to present
- Towne Park – Senior Vice President – Associate Counsel, Employment Law: 2016 to 2017
- Jackson Lewis, P.C. – Shareholder: 2011 to 2016, Of Counsel: 2008 to 2010, Associate: 2000 to 2007
- Shaw Valenza – Of Counsel: 2007 to 2008
- Walsworth, Franklin, Bevins & McCall – Associate: 1999 to 2000
- Law Offices of Lucius Cooper – Associate: 1998 to 1999
Professional Licenses & Memberships
Ms. Sandoval is a member of the California Bar and is admitted to the U.S. District Courts in California. She is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution & Employment Law Sections.
Ms. Sandoval is an AAA-trained mediator. She has extensive training in ADR. Ms. Sandoval earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Economics from UCLA. She earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Golden Gate University, School of Law, where she was a Merit Scholar.
Scheduling and Fees
- Ms. Sandoval offers both in-person and virtual mediations. She is also fluent in Spanish.
- Please submit inquiries regarding Ms. Sandoval’s availability and her fees to email@example.com
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Employment Mediation – Harnessing Powerful Moments for Resolution, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Mediation Panel, Advanced Mediation Training, June 22, 2023
- Recognizing and Addressing Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Mediation Practice Group, January 12, 2023
- Orange County Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Symposium, Advanced Mediation Training, Orange County Bar Association, October 7, 2023
Sampling of Firms Ms. Sandoval has Mediated With
- Belden Blaine Raytis
- Haight Brown & Bonesteel LLP
- Capstone Law, APC
- Law Office of Peter R. Nasmyth
- Littler Mendelsen, P.C.
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Velarde & Velarde
- JML Law
- Lavely and Singer PC
- Larabee Law Firm
- King & Spalding LLP
- Moss Bollinger, LLP
- Disenhouse Law APC
- Law Offices of Gloria Dredd Haney
- O’Hagan Meyer
- Asaf Law APC
- Kading Briggs LLP
- Law Offices of Jonathan J. Delshad, PC